- fundamental nature of reality.
- one's response to that nature; duty.
- the teaching of the Buddha.
[Origin: 1790–1800; < Skt: custom, duty, akin to dharayati upholds, maintains]
- a reception room in a house.
- a hall or room for the practice of dharma.
- an assembly of guests in such a room, esp. one consisting of those interested in society, philosophy, politics, Buddhism, etc.
[Origin: 1705 - 15; < F < It salone, equiv. to Skt & Pali sala hall]
A place where friends gather to practise and discuss the Buddha's Dharma.